New graduates are welcome to apply.
Marion Women’s Health Center in Marion, Ohio is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife to join their established practice. Marion Women’s Health Center is a highly respected practice located in Marion, OH. The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) provides the entire spectrum of women’s health care services with an emphasis on pregnancy and delivery.
Why this role is for you!
You will work in a uplifting dynamic environment along with Dr. Jay Moodley, Tammy Underwood, CNM and the rest of our outstanding team. The Nurse Midwife will become a part of a welcoming atmosphere within the practice which helps to promote growth and progression. The Nurse Midwife will work with one other CNM and a board-certified OBGYN Physician. The practice is located in a family-friendly area that is home to fun, community-centered activities year-round, this is a great location for families. The right candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package and benefits. If you have any questions or want to know more about this role, just simply apply and we will be in touch.
Responsibilities include assisting with pregnancy, labor, and postpartum services. As a nurse midwife, you’ll work with mothers to ensure their safety during the childbirth process as well as the safety of their newborn child.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- On call: 2 Week nights and every 10th weekend
- Work week: 4 days
- Live in proximity to Marion, Ohio
You will have big shoes to fill, for this position is replacing the amazing and now retired Brenda Gatchel CNM/CRNP, who we were fortunate to have on our team for almost 24 years.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated competency and the ability to perform advanced assessment and diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize electronic medical records.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with supervision.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing program & maintains current licensure in Ohio
- Master’s or doctoral degree in nurse midwifery
- Experience as a nurse midwife preferred, but new graduates are encouraged to apply
- American Midwifery Board certification
- Proactively stays informed about new advances in the field
- Provides assessment of well woman; health promotion; family planning; perimenopausal care; orders/obtains/interprets laboratory tests and procedures; develops management plan; assesses and manages deviations from normal including consultation, co-management or referrals, as indicated.
- Provides appropriate antepartum care including diagnosis of pregnancy; collection of historical data; calculation of current gestational age and estimated date of birth; orders/obtains/interprets baseline laboratory tests management of pregnancy; patient and family education to prepare for childbirth; assessment and management of deviations from normal pregnancy including consultation, co-management or referrals, as indicated.
- Provides appropriate intrapartum care including assessment for admission to labor; fetal monitoring; labor support and management; monitoring-co-management of woman receiving pharmacologic therapy during labor, management of perineum; assessment and management of deviations from normal labor and delivery including consultation, co-management or referrals, as indicated.
- Provides appropriate postpartum care including assessment and management of the normal postpartum period; six-week postpartum examination; orders/obtains/interprets laboratory tests; assessment and management of deviations from normal including consultation, co-management or referrals, as indicated.
- Authenticates findings, reports and plans in the medical record appropriate detail.
- Provides patient education opportunities for individual and/or family utilizing additional resources when necessary.
About Marion Women’s Health Center
We have a busy and established OB GYN practice and we are one of the largest single location women’s care offices in Central Ohio with over 20,000 patients. See more about our location here.
A Day in the life of Marion Women’s Health Center
About Marion, Ohio
Located in north-central Ohio, approximately 30 miles to northern part of Columbus, Ohio. According to livability.com – The median income in Marion , OH is $33,365 and the median home value is $74,600, which should give you a good idea of its affordability. Marion, OH is also the perfect place to break in your new shoes, due to its WalkScore ® of 33.4519.